Monday, June 6, 2016

Day 10. Geneseo IL to East Peoria IL. 85 miles

     Another beautiful day. I started the day off on the Hennepin Canal Trail. It was very scenic and provided me with some interesting challenges - biking through narrow paths with foliage up to my head and going through a flooded area with minnows jumping all around. From there I biked through more farmland. At one point, not quite sure where I was, I flagged down the first car I saw. Would you believe it was a mail carrier? She even passed me a second time and stopped to make sure everything was all right. After that I spent a good share of my day on the Rock Island Scenic Trail. It was a nice way to get through the area. The trees helped cut down on the wind resistance - Very windy day. This trail also had some issues. There were a couple of areas that were closed, but I kept going since it was the only route I knew. I survived! I enjoyed spending some time riding with Peoria "Payton". He had some interesting stories having biked the perimeter of the U.S. He was really helpful getting through much of the city. It was a long day. I was glad to find the hotel.





No comments:

Post a Comment